Hashtags are still an effective way to get more Instagram followers and increase your engagement.
On Instagram, hashtags are an important tool to help your brand grow followers and increase engagement on the platform. In a recent article from Adweek, Matt Smith walks through some ways brands can effectively use hashtags on Instagram to increase followers and engagement. Some of his strategies include:
- Posts with at least one hashtag have 12.6 percent more engagement than those without.
- Keep the number of hashtags per post to less than 10.
“…when used properly, hashtags are a great way for individuals and brands to increase their posts visibility and engagement.”
- Add hashtags to Instagram Stories.
- Know the difference between Branded and Community hashtags.
- Focus on selecting high quality hashtags that accurately describe your content, not just the hashtags with the most followers.
- Keep your hashtags organized and customize the set of hashtags you use for each post so you don’t get penalized for being repetitive or irrelevant.
“Using the right hashtags helps put your content in front of people searching for keywords and phrases associated with your account or business.”