Quick Replace is a new inMotion feature that makes it easier than ever to post a new version of an asset that’s been returned for revision.
Uploading content for review typically happens in 4 easy steps:
- First you select your content,
- Next you select your reviewers,
- Then you choose review options (like notifications, deadlines, and subscribers),
- And finally, you confirm your options on the summary page before releasing the asset for review.
When you’re using inMotion’s Replace functionality to post and track versions of the same asset, you may not need all these options. So the Replace process was streamlined to allow for a quick swap of the revised file and immediate release to reviewers with all of the previous review options already configured. Alternatively, the Uploader can choose to see a summary of the release details and make edits if needed, prior to releasing the new version.
With the addition of Quick Replace, the steps to Replace an asset with a new version are:
- Click the Replace button for the asset you are posting a new version of,
- Then simply select the replacement file and release your content.
- Click “Release Now”, releasing the new version using the options from the previous version or click “View/Edit / Release”, and edit your those options prior to releasing the new version.
Quick Replace allows for the uploader to skip the step of selecting review options if the new version will be using the same options. This saves time and releases new versions faster.
The next time you select Replace, view the Tool Tip to learn more about Quick Replace options or contact your account concierge if you have questions.
Customer Support, inMotionNow