As technology keeps evolving faster and faster it is imperative for designers to keep up with the latest trends.
No doubt about it, the world is changing, especially when it comes to technology and the role that technology plays in our lives. As a recent blog post from Linn Vizard on Adobe pointed out, designers often play important roles in how that technology is experienced by end users by building the user experiences that make the technology accessible. In the post, Vizard interviewed two designers with experience working on user experience in digital products. They uncovered 5 key takeaways:
- Staying up to date on technology matters.
- New technology requires new processes.
- Key principles for designing with new technology include a human focus, understanding the end user’s context, and building trust.
- Designers are responsible for thinking about how the experiences they are creating impact users and the world around them.
- Designers can keep on top of new technologies by connecting with other design professionals, reading up on industry news, and getting out of their bubble to experience the world in different contexts.